Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Amsterdam

Let me just say straight up that I'm pretty sure I could NOT live happily in London. But, Amsterdam is a different story. Oh, this city is so beautiful! And the people are so nice and you can ride your bike everywhere! I love it. We are in the southern part of the city, to check out hotels and the hall, which is near the museums, and we had an absolutely beautiful day today. Here are some photos I snapped on the way to and from the other hotel and the hall:

IMG_8078
A morning Dutch duck

IMG_8080

IMG_8083
One of thousands of Amsterdam canals.

IMG_8087
A statue

I liked this one. I don't know what the sculptor intended, but I see it as this strong fearless horse is shielding and looking over the small child. Since my small child is half a world away, it spoke to me. He is well cared for, of course, but I miss him. Sniff.

IMG_8089

IMG_8090

IMG_8091

IMG_8094
Everyone goes everywhere on a bike. It's awesome.

IMG_8098

concertgebouw audience from stage right

IMG_8163
In the park.

IMG_8169

More another day. Time for bed. Off to Eindhoven and Vienna tomorrow. So, I'll try to post again in a few days.

See you soon.


1 comment:

  1. Great job with pictures sweetheart. Thanks for sharing. I know you and Sam are having a great time.

    love,

    Dad

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your name (first name only is fine) with your comment!