Monday, March 26, 2012

Eindhoven and Vienna

Today is our last full day in Europe - here are some photos from a few days ago - in Eindhoven, Netherlands and also Vienna.

IMG_8198
In Eindhoven, on the square near the hall, this!

IMG_8199
There are few actual carousel animals left - but in their place, these very cool retro vehicles!

IMG_8201

IMG_8203

IMG_8210
We had lunch over there - because they had wifi!
We were able to FaceTime with LM and Nana.

IMG_8212

IMG_8224
More of the square

IMG_8348
Then, in Vienna...

We went back to this Italian restaurant where we had a nice meal when we were last in the city. We are not fans of Viennese food, or of Vienna, really. Someone who loves this city needs to show me around sometime and let me know what to like about it. Anyhoo - the restaurant did not disappoint - last time we had orange sorbet in a frozen orange - this time - a lemon!

IMG_8350
We also visited the St. Stephens Dom for a few moments.

The last time we were here, it was a Sunday and an old parishioner scowled at me. This time it was just us and the tourists, so no one minded my photo taking. Last time we were in Vienna, it was very cold and rainy. This time it was lovely weather. I can't say it helped my view of the city, however.

IMG_8354

IMG_8360

IMG_8362

IMG_8363

IMG_8365

IMG_8377

Then, we saw this guy...we couldn't figure out his gimmick. I posted it on Facebook, though, and a friend figured it out for me. Here is his schtick:

IMG_8379

IMG_8381

And, if you want to know, here is the secret.

OK - that's it for these towns. We have our last meetings today, and an early morning on Tuesday to get home. I can't wait to hug that boy. I've missed him so much! Every child we see that is around his age is completely adorable to us. FaceTime is an amazing thing, he kisses us every day through the screen. But, it's not the same, and I'm ready to see my baby in person once again!

See you soon.

1 comment:

  1. It is such a electronic world we live in now...you got to skype with LM and actually interact with he and your Mom...Wow, and the transatlantic cable seemed such a big deal? The pictures are beautiful but I know it doesn't begin to visualize what you actually experienced in person. Thanks for sharing, glad you are home safe now.

    Love you,

    Daddy

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your name (first name only is fine) with your comment!