Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Spring has Sprung!

It's not officially spring for a couple more weeks. However, Evan Andrews, my favorite local meteorologist, says it is "meteorological spring" here. And I believe that, because everything is budding and blooming! Here are some photos I snapped on Sunday:

IMG_7712
Our redbud trees are in bloom!

IMG_7713

IMG_7728
There are some branches that are not budding - I hope last summer didn't get them.
I hope they're just late bloomers!

IMG_7730
The Japanese maple is getting leaves!

This is especially heartening, as this little tree was nearly dead when we moved to this house, and it's right up front. There was a water leak under the soil keeping the roots too wet. We lost a big old oak to this as well, actually. But the little tree survived, and so far, is thriving, even after last summer!

IMG_7738
The cyclamen have loved this winter.

I used to plant cyclamen over the lantana for the winter months in the front of the house. I haven't done that in a while, as the lantana take up too much room, even dormant. But this one plant comes back anyway, and with this mild winter, it is HUGE.

IMG_7739
The lantana is budding out, too, actually.

IMG_7715
Even the vine is blooming.

IMG_7716

IMG_7718

IMG_7719

IMG_7724

I LOVE spring. Spring is one of the best times of the year in North Texas, for sure. Basically, you gotta live for spring and fall. And winter's not bad either. But, spring and fall are divine. It helps a girl get through that other season which shall remain nameless, if you know what I mean. Oy. Let's not think about that right now! Let's love spring! New beginnings! Every possibility! Beautiful flowers. 

See you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your name (first name only is fine) with your comment!