Friday, May 18, 2012

Mother's Day

On Mother's Day, the boy actually slept in to 8am! This NEVER happens. Really. NEVER, so I took it as a gift for my day. He also gave me a card and a nice gift certificate to a spa. We went to brunch with Tricia and Wayne, who we had not seen in forever, so that was nice. Except for the part where the restaurant didn't bring the boy's waffle for ten minutes after the other food arrived and he had a meltdown. But seriously, why would they do that??? Then we had a relaxing afternoon where I actually took a nap, and in the evening we went to Brooke and Michael's for a Mother's Day get together with the Dallas family. Here are some photos from that get together:

IMG_0492
Kim and her girls.

IMG_0499
Brooke and her kiddos.

IMG_0518
Me and my boy.

IMG_0529
Cheryl and her boys.

IMG_0555
Nonna and her grandbabies.

IMG_0561
Cheryl with her boys AND the grand babies.

IMG_0572
There was some drama trying to keep that photo together...hee hee.

IMG_0588
Then we ate, and then the kids played in the pool.

IMG_0591
They had so much fun!

IMG_0595
Um, and we barely got that swimsuit on LM.
I'm going to have to get another one in the next size.

IMG_0596

IMG_0602

IMG_0606

IMG_0612
LM continued his "monkey stage" and did ANYTHING Big A did.

IMG_0623
Then there were leftover cupcakes from Sophia's party.
I took pajamas for LM, so I put him in them after swimming.

IMG_0642
Then they played several rousing versions of "Ring Around the Rosey"

And, just so you can enjoy the noise level, here is a sample. It is loud:


IMG_0649
LM really loves their little trampoline.

IMG_0651
Sometimes he and Katherine jump together.
Only, Katherine is really jumping and LM is bouncing.

IMG_0655
Then we gave Nonna gifts.
She received some very nice cards and gifts.

IMG_0672
Including the apron and bag the kids made as a group gift.

IMG_0675
Then there was more fun to be had.

IMG_0679
I had to use my flash in the low light, and well, so the shadows are harsh.

IMG_0682
LM got out the drum and everyone danced.

It wasn't noisy enough, so you know, they made some "music" too!

IMG_0688

IMG_0695
Then they wore silly hats made out of tissue paper and paper towels and other things.

IMG_0699
My flash was off here - see how much more pleasing the light is in the photo...
...but those little boogers move too much. I had to turn the flash back on!

IMG_0708

IMG_0724
Then they ran around in circles trying to stay away from Uncle Michael the Monster.

IMG_0728

IMG_0733

And then, it was only like 6:45 but the adults were worn out. Ha. It was a little later than that, but not by much. So we all went home to start bedtime routine and get ready for Monday. It was a fun get together. I hope you had a nice Mother's Day.

See you soon.




1 comment:

  1. It looks like everyone had a great time. I was thinking of how great a investment that swimming pool has been for you. The added videos was a great touch...like being there. I watch the ring around the rosey twice; once with sound and once without...mixed emotions on which I like best. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your name (first name only is fine) with your comment!