Thursday, December 8, 2011

The Trains at NorthPark

While we were at the mall on Monday, as mentioned, we saw the Trains at NorthPark exhibit. This is something that has been at the mall for a number of years, but I haven't ever bought a ticket to see it. I guess, before I had a small boy to take in, I didn't really think it was for me.

I should say when I was taking these photos, I wasn't thinking of having a whole blog post about the trains. So, I didn't take photos of the entrance or the "process" as I normally would to tell the story. All I have are photos of the actual exhibit! So, here they are:

IMG_2768

IMG_2769
The White House, where everyone just hangs out front.
Right.

IMG_2770

IMG_2772
Small town America.


IMG_2775

IMG_2776
The Golden Gate, unfinished version...

IMG_2779

IMG_2780

IMG_2786

IMG_2787
The Reunion Tower!

IMG_2795
The Dallas skyline!


IMG_2788
New York City - Grand Central Station


IMG_2789
If only the photographer could hold still!

IMG_2790

IMG_2792
It's the State Fair!

IMG_2798
With El Grande Tex! 
(That hombre looks a little more south of the border than the real thing, if you know what I mean!)

IMG_2799

IMG_2801

IMG_2803
And, this is cool!

For a donation to the Ronald McDonald House (a benefactor of the exhibit) you can purchase a railcar and decorate it! Then, they pull some of these cars and run them in the exhibit each day! Whoever thought of this was a fundraising genius, because sister, there's a whole wall of them! I know, it's not thousands of dollars, but it is making them some money and it engages people in their exhibit, so I think it's great.

So there you go, a little glimpse into the holiday train exhibit. I highly recommend it!

See you soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your name (first name only is fine) with your comment!