Friday, February 10, 2012

Valentine's Treat: Two Ingredient Strawberry Fudge

Strawberry Fudge Banner

I mentioned yesterday we made a little Valentine treat to go along with some of our Valentines (or these Valentines) to be delivered locally. I found this recipe, where else, on Pinterest. If you want to see the post I read, you can see it here. I actually have added this blog to my reading list. I love her photos and recipes. Speaking of blog reading lists, if you're stopping by regularly, please take a moment to join this site and let me know you're reading. It would be great to hear from you. 

Anyhoo, I tried out the two ingredient recipe, and here is the tale:

IMG_6796
Ingredients

What's that you say? There are THREE ingredients in that there photo? Well, yes there are. But only TWO of them are mandatory. The third one...

rainbow sugar collage
...this one - it's just for decoration.
Not necessary, but pretty.

If you clicked through, you'll see Cookies & Cups used little hearts on the top of their fudge. I looked for these, albeit only where I was already shopping, not on a special trip or anything, and I didn't find anything. I had this colored sugar left from a trip to Dean & Deluca when I had cash burning a hole in my pocked to buy something. And I chose colored sugar. Ahem. It worked perfectly for this recipe. You'll see!

IMG_6802
You melt the white chocolate chips, however you please.
I microwaved on this day.

IMG_6804
Eventually, you'll have melted chips.

IMG_6806
Then you add in the strawberry frosting.

IMG_6809
Mix it up.

IMG_6823
Pour it into a greased or wax papered 8x8 dish.
In your pajamas, with an antique high chair nearby.

IMG_6827
Make it look pretty on top.

IMG_6831
Add decoration.
Refrigerate.

IMG_6834

Once it's set, you can pull it out of the pan and cut it into pieces. That's why I like to leave the wax paper sort of long on the sides - so it'll lift right out.

IMG_6836
Then I used these...

IMG_6841
...to tie some pieces up and make a pretty package!

IMG_6842
Then, I attached the love bug valentine.

IMG_6854
Then I stacked up the remaining pieces.
You know, for LATER.

IMG_6862
I was pleased with their cuteness and presentation.

I wonder if this two ingredient plan would work for other flavors - I purchased some chocolate fudge frosting and peanut butter chips to give it a try. I'll let you know how it goes.

Do you have plans to make your own valentines? Or treats? I'd love to know what you did. Best wishes for the weekend. We have playgroup and a birthday party on Saturday, then of course working on my class stuff. I hope your weekend is a good one. 

See you soon.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your name (first name only is fine) with your comment!