Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Super Bowl Food: Parmesan Shortbread

The last of the Super Bowl Food inspiration posts from me: Parmesan-Pepper shortbread bites. You can find the other two recent Super Bowl-esque recipes here and here. I actually did NOT find this on Pinterest. But, I got to the site via Pinterest, where I meandered off and found these.

IMG_5187
Click through up there for the recipe.

What we have here is basically flour, butter, parmesan, seasoning, and some egg yolks. I again had to add some water to make dough. I'm dough challenged. Add them all together and then make a couple of logs like pictured above. Refrigerate the dough so you can slice it into little shortbread cookies.

IMG_5191

IMG_5193
Place onto a cookie sheet - with the amount of butter involved with these, greasing isn't necessary.

IMG_5215
See? Uh-huh. Plenty o' butter.

IMG_5220
I cooked them until I thought they were done - golden brown and all.
They could have used another minute or so to really be super crispy.

IMG_5227
They will crisp up a bit while cooling on wire, though.

IMG_5230
Add them to the now-overflowing plate.
And you're all ready for FOOTBALL!

IMG_5232
Amen to that.

See you soon!

1 comment:

  1. I want to eat that entire plate of goodness!!

    Kristin

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your name (first name only is fine) with your comment!