Friday, October 26, 2012

Owens Farm

IMG_9148-2.jpg

I love fall. I LOVE fall. And, I sort of miss what I would call a REAL fall, being here in Texas. The Midwest has an awesome fall. The temperatures drop much earlier, the leaves are prettier, and there are awesome places to go like apple orchards and pumpkin farms, to revel in fall-ness. It's the time of year when I miss my Indiana home the most.

So, even though until today it's been too hot to be fall, I have been searching for someplace to go that would at least in part replicate my idea of fall activities. S's brother Michael's family went to a cool place about an hour or so outside of Dallas, and I wanted to go check it out. But, our lives have also been very busy lately, and taking a day out of the weekend to do that seemed like it would never come to pass. So, then, when we were at Touch a Truck, Max's mom Michelle mentioned they always go to Owens Farm. It's not as expansive as the place in Canton, but it's just up the road and it has the highlights. So, we headed to Owens Farm last weekend for a teensy tiny taste of fall. Here are the photos:

IMG_9152.jpg

IMG_9156-2.jpg
My precious petals. ;-)

IMG_9155-2.jpg
One petal checking out the other petal.

IMG_9159.jpg
There were very enthusiastic goats to feed.

IMG_9161-2.jpg

IMG_9163.jpg

IMG_9172-2.jpg

IMG_9177-2.jpg
Then we walked over and ate lunch.

IMG_9182-2.jpg
The only photo with me in it - or at least with my head in it.
So I'm posting it. 

IMG_9185-2.jpg
Checking out the pigs.

IMG_9187-2.jpg
And the horses. In the other direction.

IMG_9189-2.jpg

IMG_9192-2.jpg
Oh, and in case you were wondering, these are the rules 'round these parts.

IMG_9193.jpg
Then it was time for a quick hayride!

IMG_9219-2.jpg
With actual hay, in case you were wondering!

IMG_9196-2.jpg
I don't think he was mad. I think he was concentrating.

IMG_9198-2.jpg
There was a little game of riddles on signs throughout the ride.

IMG_9199-2.jpg

IMG_9210-2.jpg
And more pretty horses.

IMG_9217-2.jpg
We found farmer Terry...

IMG_9223-2.jpg

IMG_9224.jpg
Then it was on to the pumpkins.
He had SOOOO much fun in the pumpkins.

IMG_9227-2.jpg

IMG_9230-2.jpg

IMG_9231-2.jpg

IMG_9237-2.jpg

IMG_9241-2.jpg

IMG_9246-2.jpg

IMG_9247-2.jpg
He was running through the arches, yelling, "TA DA!"

IMG_9251-2.jpg
It was so cute.

IMG_9257-2.jpg
He ran through the maze three or four times.

IMG_9259-2.jpg

IMG_9269-2.jpg
Ok, but then it was time to actually PICK a pumpkin.

IMG_9271-2.jpg
This was the winner!

IMG_9273-2.jpg
The boy INSISTED I take a photo of S and the pumpkin alone. Funny.

I would still like to make it to Canton, but I'm not sure it'll happen. So, I'm glad we at least made it here. It was a fun time as a family.

It has turned cool here again, finally. It's nice to have the cooler weather, for sure, but will probably put a bit of a damper on weekend activities. Don't you worry though, we can always seem to stay busy. ;-)  I hope you have a great weekend, too.

See you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your name (first name only is fine) with your comment!