Monday, December 15, 2008

Christmas Lights...Oooh...Aaaah

This is what it looks like when you shoot a camera at Christmas lights out the window of a moving vehicle.


This week on Ate Up Amateur we're going to look at Christmas lights. Oooh. Aaaah. Fabulous.

I went about town photographing commercial and home lights in my neighborhood and a couple of other neighborhoods. I love Christmas lights. I realize it uses a lot of electricity and the world will probably come to an end because of our love of Christmas lights.

I thought maybe you'd like to see some Christmas lights right in the comfort of privacy of your own computer desk before the world ends. This is sort of a little Christmas lights tour for you! So, let's enjoy them now, shall we?


Dr. Seuss lights.

As I said, I drove all around. Apparently, I stumbled upon Whoville. These lights were some of the most unusual. The look very Dr. Seussian, don't they?


Top of the palm trees.

Upon closer examination, these lights were adorning palm trees. Yes, PALM TREES, folks. Here in Dallas, TX, or Whoville, whichever you prefer, where palm trees don't grow. The only other palm trees I've seen in Dallas, er, Whoville, besides in the front yard of this swanky house, are surrounding a men's club. Not a parcheesi club, either, if you know what I mean.




That said, the lights on the trees were indeed unique and I liked them. So, I took photos of them for you, my 1.3 loyal readers. I hope you've enjoyed them too.


Happy Holidays from balmy, palm-treed Whoville.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your name (first name only is fine) with your comment!