Wednesday, April 29, 2009

I've Been Selected

So, I got an email from Emma J. Williams in my Inbox yesterday. She works for a company called Schmap. This company creates online travel guides for places all over the planet, as well as applications for mobile travel guides and maps and more.

Anyway, Ms. Williams or one of her colleagues found a photo of mine on Flickr and she wanted permission to possibly use it in the 8th edition of their online travel guide to Birmingham, UK. You saw this photo here on Ate Up Amateur earlier this month. Incidentally, you can see the 7th edition of their online travel guide to Birmingham here.

Of course, I was interested to see which of my photos she was interested in including in their guide. Was it the cool canal shots of the water and the boats at dusk? Was it the front of the Mailbox itself? Could it be the BBC office?

Um, no. None of those. It was this one:




OK. Whatever. It was taken by the purse camera. When I was very tired. And, I took it for work - not even when I was seeking out something culturally interesting. So, whatever. Your choice, Schmap. Of course when I told S about it, he said, "Are you sure I didn't take that photo?" Um, yes, S, I am sure. You were asleep standing up when this photo was taken. But, thanks for trying to rain on my minuscule little parade here. Thanks.

I know it's not a big deal. No money exchanged hands. I just had to give them permission to use it, and I get credit on their site, and a link back to my photo stream. It is not a prestigious mention, really, at all. But, it was sort of a cool thing to me. So, I thought I'd share it with my thirteen blog reading friends. There you go. I'll let you know if/when it actually appears on their site. I know you'll wait with baited breath for that one.

For those of you waiting for more wedding photos - I am completely overwhelmed by the amount of photos I took. It's going to take me some time to get through all of them. Hold tight. I'll get there one day. One day.

4 comments:

  1. But the pic is very cool with the reflection and all. Don't make it less than it is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's FAMOUS!! :) Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course S would say he took it! Haha! That's how it works at my house too. Congrats on your pic getting noticed. Even if this one isn't your favorite, I think you take amazing photos.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your name (first name only is fine) with your comment!