Monday, August 3, 2009

S-man, Unplugged

We're having a great start to our certainly too-short vacation, and S is definitely having a really nice time. You know, low stress, time away, no emails, etc. It's done him good, I'd say...

Today, two photo shoots of my man on vacation. First, I asked him to stand in front of this stairway back up from a waterfall at Pattison State Park - Big Manitou Falls to be exact. I thought the steps were picturesque. (It had been raining off and on so we had our umbrellas with us.) He started performing when I started taking photos. Who knew? I loved it. In fact, the last photo of this group has to be one of my favorite photos I've EVER taken of him.


Contemplative.


Not sure...


You done with this yet?


Very Gene Kelly, no?


Great smile - but not sure what's going on with that umbrella.


And, my FAVORITE! Isn't that a good photo!

The second set - we walked out to the edge of Chequamegon Bay on Lake Superior, behind our hotel for a look-see. It was beautiful, of course. I was snapping away at the birds and the flowers, the boats and the sun on the water. Then, I look to my right and S is climbing a short pier log and pretending to be Karate Kid. You know - this one:



Yeah, that one. So, here is S's take on it:


This is where he was when I noticed his antics.



C-R-A-Z-Y

He got down from that pier and said, "OK, your turn!" Yeah, right mister. I try that, I'm in that bay water. No freakin' way. Then he laughed. He laughed and laughed. I love to hear him laugh and having a good time. It's great.

So, there you go. My man S for you on a Monday. Unplugged. I have some more photos from the weekend to share when I get a chance, including some taken at the Green Bay Packers training camp! Imagine! Something without flowers! I'll work on sharing those soon. We're off to Door County today. See you tomorrow.

6 comments:

  1. I am impressed with the karate kid pose. Sounds like you are having fun.
    mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go S-man Sign him up for Karate kid- the later years! *LOL*

    Sherri

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karate Man!!! Love it! I'm gonna hire you to shoot my girls someday when we make it back to Dallas!

    Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your favorite picture of S is very nice, but would have been even better without the sunglasses so we could see his eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did you get a video of him trying to do the karate kick?

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your name (first name only is fine) with your comment!