Friday, November 27, 2009

Turkey Daze

Whoa. What a wonderful holiday S and I had. We saw his family, took lots of photos and ate so much food not on the diet I couldn't even quantify it. We watched some football and played with the related Dallas children. And we got to visit with our former neighbors for a bit last evening.

All of this is to say, I am in a turkey daze. Or is it a turkey haze? I have a full agenda of items to tackle today - the yard, for one - working on the Christmas list as it is now less than a month away, doing something about Christmas cards and decorations, planning for this class I'm teaching at SMU in the spring, and meeting up tonight with S's extended family. Will it all get done? Probably not. But sister, I'm up early to make a serious dent in it.

This weekend we will visit with some more old friends, I will photograph some more "In YOUR Kitchen" posts, I will pay bills and decide on a health care plan for 2010, and I will get through some photos of the festivities to post here next week. But for today, happy shopping (but don't be one of these) or whatever you're up to.

If you haven't read all the thankfulness posts, now would be the time to do that, here and here. If you haven't checked out the three In YOUR Kitchen posts from the past two weeks and have room to eat any more after yesterday, scroll seriously down or click here, here or here and try one of those. Or, come back next week and I'll have something new. You know I will.

I hope your holiday was as good as ours. We are very blessed.

See you next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your name (first name only is fine) with your comment!