Monday, November 16, 2009

Puppies and Ponies

I went with that title because I figure, those of you who think I've recently gone off the "mushy" deep end will run far far away and never come back. Hee hee.

I hope you'll come back. I was just kidding. Moving on...

Whoo-wee. What a whirlwind weekend we had. We were busy, sister, in a completely, in some ways, non-productive way. But, it was all fun. And of course I took photos which will one way or another one day, the Good Lord Willin' and the Creek Don't Rise (that last part, as pointed out by my friend Teal earlier this fall, could be touch and go given the amount of rain we've seen here in Dallas this season) they will appear here on the blog.

We stopped by the SMU tailgate - we didn't go to the actual game, which they won, and are now BOWL ELIGIBLE for the first time in 25 years - but stopped by the tailgate to see some friends who were in town. I took photos of our good friends and old neighbor's girls to hopefully find a good shot for their Christmas card. Time will tell on that one, but we sure did have fun snapping them. We went to the Texas Stampede Rodeo, benefiting Children's Medical Center here in Dallas. AND - and - AND I photographed some meals being prepared in YOUR kitchen which will be featured with wild abandon here as we head into the turkey holiday and the holidays after that for your viewing/reading/cooking/eating pleasure. Of course, the cooking and eating will be up to you. Ahem.

But that is all for later, except some of the SMU photos. Today, I have a couple of pics of my sweet girls - my babies - as I snapped them late last week through the window while they lounged in our forever neglected backyard. And a few of the friends we found on the Boulevard. So, get it? Puppies and Ponies. Heh heh.


Ellie and Echo Nov 13 2009 (5) (by Ateupamateur)
Here is Echo, with her signature face.

This dog can make Scrooge feel sorry for her. Look at those eyes...that pensive, woe is me look. She's a mess. But we love her. And she's still a rockstar at the vet. Everyone loves to see Echo.


Ellie and Echo Nov 13 2009 (by Ateupamateur)
Ellie was nearby.

Of course, even lying down - even at rest - Ellie is on guard. She is alert and ready for anything - please Lord, anything! is her prayer - anything that comes her way. Anytime. Anywhere.


Ellie and Echo Nov 13 2009 (3) (by Ateupamateur)
She caught me taking her photo.
Intensity still in the look.

Ellie and Echo Nov 13 2009 (1) (by Ateupamateur)
She caught me too.
Desperation still in the look.
Good to know you can count on some things.

That last photo was through the security glass on the back door, and turned out a tad bit blurry. But, that face - those eyes - I had to post it anyway. My sweet girls.


IMG_3503 (by Ateupamateur)
So, here were our friends who made the game Saturday.

Yes, that's right - it's Kellie, with baby Sam! You will remember Kellie was 1/3 of the triathlon relay in Austin last May. She and baby Sam made the trip up to spend some time with us Dallas folks for the weekend. Kevin and Jacob had too many events to make it up with them - Jacob is very into karate, and very good at it, for one. So, Kellie and Sam came on up to visit without them.

IMG_3508 (by Ateupamateur)
Another special guest - President Turner!

Sauntering by on the Boulevard, the President of the university stuck his head in to see how the University of Houston-University of Central Florida game was faring. As it turns out, Houston lost. Which means, with their win on Saturday, not only is SMU BOWL ELIGIBLE at 6-4, but they are also #1 in the C-USA West, with a 5-1 record in the conference. Boo-yah. Amazing.


IMG_3512 (by Ateupamateur)
Also in attendance - Matt and his lovely family.

Matt was a freshman in the band when I was a senior. We were in the drumline together. I use that term loosely when putting myself in that category. But, Matt was legit. He was an actual drummer. And now he and his wife Kristen have two sweet boys.


IMG_3517 (by Ateupamateur)
Tricia took this one of me and baby Sam.

Some friends of ours from church walked by down the boulevard and stopped to say hello. We had not seen them in a while, so when they saw me sitting with baby Sam, they immediately thought he was my baby. I said, "not my baby!" and pointed to Kellie sitting next to me, "her baby!" Just keeping everyone straight here.


IMG_3527 (by Ateupamateur)
Juliana, Alex, Baby Sam and Kellie

Alex, Kellie and my S were all freshmen together in the band, so it was nice for Kellie to catch up with her freshmen brothers.


IMG_3529 (by Ateupamateur)
Gratuitous shot of JG and S. Every game.


IMG_3533 (by Ateupamateur)
Then the parade began! Again, Peruna was there.


IMG_3537 (by Ateupamateur)
And the band was there.


IMG_3545 (by Ateupamateur)
Jennifer and Evelyn took in the parade.


IMG_3544 (by Ateupamateur)
Last but not least - I really liked this shot...

IMG_3542 (by Ateupamateur)
...and this one of the drums going by.
So, of course, here they are on the blog, for you to see.

So, there you go! Puppies and ponies! Hooray! Let's see - what other updates can I give you - well, I am so THANKFUL for all the really thoughtful THANKFUL responses I have received. I hope they keep coming. Keep on thinking of where to place your gratitude.

And, I'm still faring pretty well on the diet. Although, our old neighbors - where I ate fried meat and gravy on Halloween, not to mention the wine - they are proving to be very good temptation magnets. This time, after the photo shoot, they wanted to go to Snuffers for dinner. Where, they incidentally treated us to a meal, so we are very appreciative of that. And it was good. No doubt about that! And I was able to order the chicken sandwich and just eat the chicken and lettuce and tomato. But, they also ordered a large order of swiss and cheddar fries with extra sides of ranch. And, God help me, I was not able to just eat one or two. Nope. I had more like ten. Ten high calorie, high carb, covered in cheese, but GOOD LORD OH SO GOOD, cheddar fries. Never fear, I logged my transgression in the official record, so the calories were counted. Amen.

Tonight we are going to BABYSIT! How exciting is that? We are babysitting S's nephew (and mine too - but I'm just trying to help you keep straight where they reside on the family tree) Andrew while his mom and dad meet up with some of their friends for dinner. S is going straight there after work and I'm going to meet him after my guitar lesson. It'll be fun. And I might take my camera. We'll see. If I do, you'll see it here. So, best wishes for your Monday, and I'll see you back here tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. Very cute! I love all the babies. I am sad I did not get a random run in spot in ye ol blog. Especially since I read and comment and have a baby ;)

    Nicole

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your name (first name only is fine) with your comment!