Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Sewing Update

Remember when I had LOTS of time to get this project done? Well, I've drug my feet long enough I'm now on a wish and a prayer to get them done. Surprised? No, you are not. Me either. Here is progress, though - cutting out the pattern:

IMG_9536
I started with the interfacing.
I figured it was the least critical.

IMG_9538

IMG_9540
Made simple by the rotary cutting tool my mom insisted I purchase.

IMG_9544
I made all the markings on it, just in case.

IMG_9546
Flipped it over and did it again.

IMG_9551
Interfacing, done.

IMG_9841
I was able to use the fold-over cutting plan for the lining.

IMG_9842
I had to measure from the edge on this, since there was no pattern to judge from.

IMG_9844
Clearly a cutting photo, staged. 
I don't cut like that even with a rotary cutter.

IMG_9845
For the most part, I remembered to leave these in tact.

IMG_9847
When I didn't, I marked them in with the pen. 

IMG_9854
Cut and marked.

IMG_9857
Now, for the main event.

IMG_9862

IMG_9864
I was VERY careful to line up the pattern.

IMG_9866
I think I did a good job!

IMG_9876
On the back, too!

IMG_9879
There was more lining up to do with these little pieces.

IMG_9885
They worked out nicely, so far.

IMG_9888
The back, all cut out.

IMG_9890
The front, all cut out.

IMG_9895
Now, it's time to sew. 

See you soon.

1 comment:

  1. Great job cutting out the pattern to make it match!!!!!! I am "sew" impressed!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your name (first name only is fine) with your comment!