Thursday, January 26, 2012

Cloud Dough

So, there are endless opportunities on Pinterest. But, at least for me what happens is I pin a bunch of stuff and then hardly ever get around to DOING them. An exception to this would be our little experiment with cloud dough. I found it on Pinterest - there are a million links - I followed one of those worm holes to learn about cloud dough.

IMG_6003

It's a mixture of flour and baby oil. It is a little like sand, but also sort of clumpy and sticky. I made 1/8th of the recipe, because we were just trying it out and I didn't figure we needed eight cups worth of it. I put it in a disposable casserole dish and we took it to the front yard to have fun.

IMG_6004

IMG_6002

IMG_6006

For a brief period of time, the boy actually played with the cars I put in the cloud dough, as I sort of imagined he would. Then he decided it was more fun to pick up the dough and throw it out of the pan. 

IMG_6009

IMG_6011

And it was at that point that I was really glad I decided to do this in the front yard. No mess to clean up! It just got dispersed in the grass!

IMG_6012

IMG_6014
A bit blurry, but I was trying to get the clenched fist full of cloud dough!

IMG_6015
Turns out - no surprise really - sifting through the dough and throwing it is more fun than cars.

IMG_6016

IMG_6020

IMG_6022

IMG_6024

IMG_6028
Which we repeated until it was all pretty much out of the pan.

IMG_6029
Where we played with it in the grass!

IMG_6033
And put the pan on our head!

IMG_6036
Turns out, cloud dough can REALLY cake on a pair of jeans.

IMG_6041
It was a fun activity.

IMG_6043
So fun, we had to go tell Dad.
Then we went to get cleaned up.

So, cloud dough, I would say, was a hit as a Saturday craft activity. It had a sensory element to it, and it was also fun for some benign destruction, shall we say. We'll make it again sometime.

See you soon.

1 comment:

  1. You are such a good Mommy. I know I never introduced you to cloud dough however...if I had seen the chance. Great pictures and naraitive of Lukes experience, thanks for sharing.

    love,

    Dad

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your name (first name only is fine) with your comment!