Monday, October 20, 2008

What Happened???

Photo by John F. Rhodes from the Dallas Morning News. More photos here.

When the season started, our Dallas Cowboys were Super Bowl contenders. No more, my friend. What a horribly messy game. And deflating. And ugly. And poorly called and executed. And - well, you get the point. The Rams were mostly a losing team. Only one win before the fine Cowboys came to town! I truly thought Wade Phillips was going to start crying at the post-game press conference. I was ready for the crocodile tears to begin. It was so bad, so sad.

There are lots and lots of places on the Internet where you can read about the Cowboys' demise yesterday, (and over the past few weeks when, even with the golden child Tony Romo, they weren't playing pretty football) all of which will give you a better wrap-up of the action, so I'm not going to pretend I can sum all the technical details up for you. But, man, I was looking forward to a season of good football. I was holding out hope they were going to get it back together. That their old man back-up would step up and show us why old men are still playing in the NFL. That the past few weeks were just a fluke. I have no hope any more. What a Monday morning downer.

I promise, no more posts about the Cowboys this week. I don't want you to get too depressed. Try to put it behind you and press on to the week ahead with vigor, style and grace! If I can do it, you can do it! And, well, as for the 'boys - there's always next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your name (first name only is fine) with your comment!