Wednesday, October 15, 2008

What's that on the bridge???

So I'm new at this blogging thing. And, I tried my own new header this month. But, some of you have written to say, "What the heck is that blob on the bridge?" Thanks for noticing. Really.

The blob on the bridge is a wreath that I tried to make inconspicuous by just burning it out of the picture using Photoshop Elements. Not such a good job, I guess.

I took this photo in Dallas, people. When the leaves look like this in Dallas, it's nearly Christmas. Or, at least around Thanksgiving, when Christmas decor goes up. But I wanted to use the photo in October. So, I tried a quick and dirty edit.


Original header.


There it is - there's the "blob" shaped like a wreath.


So, I tried to clean up the wreath some other way, using a little time and effort. Using the clone stamp tool in Photoshop Elements, I cloned the bridge and stamped over the wreath.


The new, improved header.

This version is now loaded at the top of the page. Thank you observers, for not noticing the disappearance of the blob. It's OK - I won't hold it against you. I do think this is probably a better edit though. Or, at least good enough at the size you can see that bridge! Ha!

Now, as for the section that hangs out to the right of the blogger header frame - I tried slimming it down a bit, thinking my photo was too wide, and it didn't do a thing. It's still hanging out there to the side. So, I still have a lot to learn. I'll certainly let you know the secret to it once I find it for myself.

But, don't hold your breath. I'm a slow learner.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your name (first name only is fine) with your comment!