Monday, September 19, 2011

Return of the Four Letter Word

Almost TWO years ago, I publicly wrote about how I was going to start a serious diet here on my blog. And, I was doing really, really well with it. Until this amazingly unexpected thing happened - I got pregnant. And our lives changed forever.

IMG_2072
Cute photo, but who's the fatty in the middle behind the cute boy?

I am an oddity in that I actually did not gain any weight while I was pregnant - so, when I had the baby, I was down about twenty pounds. But then - THEN - after I had the baby, I gained weight back. Serious weight - like all twenty pounds - over the course of the next few months. After I had the baby, I was HUNGRY. All the time. I was breastfeeding around the clock and I had an appetite like no other. So, I ate. And apparently, I did that part really, really well. Because here I am - back up to an uncomfortably large number.

So, I want to change that. I have decided to do the same plan as I had before - a few weeks of Medifast and then a switch to Weight Watchers. I have to say my heart is not in it as it was back in November of 2009. I was really gung-ho back then. But I am going to take it one day at a time - bird by bird, as they say - and I hope I can stick with it and get to a weight I find more comfortable.

IMG_0358
Time to mind that middle.

There are many reasons to lose weight - for your health, for one. To have more energy, perhaps. To fit into your clothes better. To have a better self-image. Etc etc. The one that is driving me right now, however, is how I look in photos with my son. There is a lot of picture taking going on, if you know what I mean, and when I see myself, I cringe. I hate it. I hate looking at photos of me. Right after LM was born, I didn't feel this way. I didn't mind the photos. So, I know much of this HAS to be the weight I am.

I hope to be successful. And, you know, besides dieting, I hope to find a way to exercise more regularly. Oy. I know I can do it. I've succeeded at many hard things in the past. This is simple by comparison. Here we go.

See you soon.

1 comment:

  1. I so relate to this. My pregnancy was the same with Angeline with no weight gain while I was pregnant and losing a ton after she was born, and now having gained too much of it back. I too am trying to get back in gear with Weight Watchers. Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your name (first name only is fine) with your comment!