Sunday, September 11, 2011

Playgroup Pool Party

IMG_1739

Last weekend Little Man's playgroup met for a pool party and barbecue. It had been a while since we had been able to make a group meeting between swim lessons, an illness, a cousin's birthday party and being out of town. So, I was really looking forward to going. This time since it was a pool party/barbecue, daddies were invited too.

IMG_1740

It was nice to see everyone again and get caught up on everyone's life. I should say I was one of the only people NOT pregnant in the group - lots and lots of pregnant ladies around the table. I can't say that I would want to join them right now. I was glad to announce I was NOT pregnant. :-)

IMG_1738

S swam with the LM for two reasons. 1) I'm a totally fattie right now and don't really want to get in a swimsuit in front of non-relatives and 2) I was in my swimsuit with relatives last weekend and got a pretty good sunburn on my shoulders, so that was a good excuse not to re-burn sensitive skin.

IMG_1737

I normally would have totally been snapping away throughout the party but 1) I forgot I brought my camera until halfway through and 2) I don't know these people all that well and some people get funny about you snapping photos of their kids. So, I just took a few photos of the boy in the water, and that's it. And now you've seen them too.

On another note, I modified the pumpkin dump cake recipe and took it as a peach cobbler - I used peach pie filling, added some cinnamon and nutmeg and topped it with yellow cake mix and butter. It was a hit!

Looking forward to getting together with this group again in the future!

See you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your name (first name only is fine) with your comment!