Thursday, September 15, 2011

New Kicks



As I mentioned briefly earlier, over Labor Day weekend it seemed hard to get Little Man's shoes on. I thought, "is he curling up his toes?" He used to do that right when he started wearing shoes. I thought it would be a strange thing for him to start doing now again. Then, duh, this Mama thought - maybe he needs BIGGER SHOES! Imagine! Only two months after purchasing the last ones? Yes, indeed this was the case.

IMG_1929

It turns out he has grown a whole size since we bought the other shoes - ok maybe it was in June - and now seems to need a "W" - a WIDE shoe. We bought him some new tennis shoes in a "normal" color, but they had these bright green tennies on super clearance. So, we bought them too. Then we scoured his closet for an outfit to match. Voila! There you have it.

IMG_5063

IMG_1926

IMG_1930

IMG_1932

Aren't they great? I mean, he can totally pull it off, don't you think? And, really, if you can't wear green shoes when you're one, when can you? Carpe Diem!

IMG_2180

Then, about a month ago, this site called Zulily ran a special on crocs. I am not a subscriber to this site, but my sister-in-law sent me a link to the croc sale, so I decided to buy some because it was a good price. However, I don't think it was a good price for having to wait a month to get them. I wrote the site to see if this was a normal amount of time to wait. Turns out, it is! So, I'm not sure I will use this site in the future. They are sort of "summer" shoes, so getting them a month later during late summer is problematic. Nonetheless, LM loves the shoes with lizards on them, so we'll get some good use out of them before it gets too cool to wear them.

IMG_2178

IMG_2187

IMG_2171

IMG_2164

IMG_1927

See you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your name (first name only is fine) with your comment!