Thursday, September 8, 2011

Steve's Birthday Lives On

IMG_0265
Mindy's cake for Steve's birthday.
Fancy, huh?

On Sunday, we got together at my dad's for Steve's birthday. My camera battery went out on me mid-way through the festivities. So, during that time, I took some photos on my phone. But then my phone went bad and had to be replaced, and there was this whole issue with a back-up I didn't seem to have. So I lost those photos except for a couple I sent via email to other people. But, there were several good ones captured, I think. Here they are.

It was another BEAUTIFUL day in Indiana. Perfect weather. And, we had another great meal. And, of course, the company could not have been nicer.

IMG_0258
Before we went to Dad's, we went to church.
I wanted a photo of LM in this cute little outfit.

IMG_0266
Bob and Rolen, hanging out.

IMG_0267
Swinging with the big kids.
At first I left his church outfit on.
But then it became evident those were not "play clothes" and we changed.

cora and luke swinging

IMG_0275
Grandpa with Gibson

IMG_0287
Playing indoors with Deacon

IMG_0295
Loving on Stephen. 
It was nice Aunt Marlene and Stephen could come.

IMG_0296
Gibson loves the guitar.

IMG_0298
The birthday boy with the cake.

IMG_0304
After blowing out the candles. 

gibson on deck
Sweet Gibby, again.

hot tub mania
Nathon, Deacon and Veda in the hot tub

Dad and Torchy have a hot tub that the kids like to play in. And play they did! They were in and out of that thing the whole time. Not just these three, but several others too! We waited until the traffic cleared and after LM's nap to try it out ourselves. LM liked the bubbles.

IMG_0308
There we are!

I received a wicked sunburn on my shoulders the day before at Unks. So, I wore a tshirt over my swimsuit in the hot tub. 

IMG_0310
My sweet boy. Oh how I love him.

IMG_0311
Also after most of the crowd left, LM played with Kylie.
She was so very sweet to him, involving him in her playtime.

IMG_0319
He loved to crank up the windchimes. 
They were loud, can you tell?

IMG_0325
Kylie let the boy play with her at the sandbox too. 
For the LONGEST time. It was really nice.

IMG_0333
Here they were playing in the sandbox lid.

It was another perfect day - perfect weather, so nice to visit with family, great food and hosts. Wonderful memories.

See you soon.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your name (first name only is fine) with your comment!