Thursday, September 22, 2011

Oatmeallllll

One of the things they start to learn in the toddler room is to use utensils. Of course, LM has only been in the toddler room for ten days, so you know, he hasn't exactly mastered this skill. When we get home at night, the Little Man has a little snack sometime before he goes to bed. Often, this snack involves some oatmeal. 

IMG_5189

Monday night he was cranky when we got home. This has been the regular modus operandi since joining the toddler room. As I worried, he isn't getting enough sleep. So, until he gets used to this schedule, I am going to have to get used to a cranky boy. Sigh. Anyway, he was whining and crying before his snack and so I decided to give him the oatmeal and a spoon so he could feed himself. Suddenly, he was less cranky, so it totally worked. He loved feeding himself. He made a total mess, but you know, he was going to the bath next so who cares??? It made my sleepy, cranky boy less so for a few minutes so it was completely worth it. These are photos I snapped with my phone, as well as a little video.

IMG_5182
Of course, the spoon is optional.

IMG_5183

IMG_5185

IMG_5188

IMG_5192
Yes, yes indeed. That's a clothing rack in my living room.
It's a long story we can talk about later. Ahem.

IMG_5197

IMG_5198

IMG_5201
Don't miss those bits on the spoon, baby. 
Of course, we'll miss the bits on your face.

IMG_5205

IMG_5209

IMG_5211
In case you needed to see this part up close...

IMG_5213

IMG_5220
Eventually he resorted to picking up the bowl.

And, the little video.


5 comments:

  1. What an achievement. He has obviously mastered the spoon and is keeping some of his skill a secret to himself. Great Job Luke!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! I have similar pics of my boys. For Gabe it was spaghetti sauce, Caleb was yogurt. I smile everytime I see those pictures. Looks like he's eating great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gibson says, "More videos of Luke, please."

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very cute! I love it. I just may have to get a print of one of them.
    mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks y'all. Gibson, we'll try to get more videos up for ya. Robin, I'm sure the spaghetti sauce would be also a big ol mess for sure. We have also done yogurt...this morning in fact. Yep. Messy!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your name (first name only is fine) with your comment!