Monday, March 16, 2009

Mounts Trees, Shrubs and Similar Plants


Today's post includes some more photos from my trip to the Mounts Botanical Garden in West Palm Beach. I spent the weekend finishing up the tour for work and then a little time with not only my dad and his wife, but also my Uncle Ray and Carol, and my brother Steve, Terri and my two nieces and one nephew, who happened to be in Florida for some spring R&R. So, it was a whirlwind visit. I took some photos of that, but I got home late last night, so I'll post those photos later in the week.

Today - trees, shrubs and similar plants. Don't you like that title - how about something more specific yet vague? Hmmm...


This tree reminds me somehow of the female band member on the Muppets.


I just thought this one was squatty and stately at the same time.


My ubiquitous "up the trunk" shot.


Look at the interesting leaves on this palm -
they almost make other palm leaves look "2-D".
They also remind me of mascara brushes.


Here is that variegated ginger plant again...


...and the close up shot as well.


...and the Dr. Seuss plant!


I took about ten shots of this bamboo.
It reminded me of shooting groves of aspen trees.
But different.


We had one of these at our old house.
Only it was WAY smaller.


Cute. I liked it.


And, last but not least, a shot of a REAL sago palm.
People in Dallas try to grow these - but this one - it's the real thing.

More from the botanical garden and the weekend later this week. See you then.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your name (first name only is fine) with your comment!