Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Leaves of Mounts


I am having technical difficulties downloading last weekend's photos, so I'm sharing another batch of botanical photos again today. Of course, above, the variegated ginger plant I've already shared starts out the post on the (say it with a large, booming voice) "Leaves of Mounts!".

And, given that it's Saint Patrick's Day and all, I thought leaves - you know GREEN LEAVES - (well, mostly) would be a good subject for such a day.



I've planted the "giant" elephant ear variety in my yard.
They weren't THIS "giant."


Ever since that butterfly photo where a leaf like this made it look like another planet, I'm totally into these leaves.



I don't know what this is...


...but they look like brains to me.


I was mesmerized by these big, leathery leaves.








So green and vein-y.

Strange looking.


A succulent.



I like the sunrays on this one.


These leaves, hanging from a tree, almost look like grapes, no?

So the LEAVES OF MOUNTS have now been covered. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. I really like the veiny one, it looks like an art piece.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your name (first name only is fine) with your comment!