Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Dragonfly

IMG_2936 (by Ateupamateur)

I know this blog has taken a rather buggy turn as of late. That and flowers. So, I'm sure some of you will look at this post and yawn. Sorry. The truth is, I've been so doggone busy that it's amazing anything is being posted at all. And, those moments when I get to fixate on photography, well, there have been bugs and butterflies and flowers and such. I promise we'll get back to some cooking (not sure what on this diet, but we can watch OTHERS cook) and some other events in the area, architecture, random musings etc. I promise. One day.


IMG_2932 (by Ateupamateur)

But, for today - when I was at the Dallas Arboretum with my mom for her birthday, we spotted this green dragonfly on the green holly, and I had to take some shots.


IMG_2933 (by Ateupamateur)

Of course, a different color background would have been nice, but you can't have everything, can you. No, you can't. Hate to burst that bubble for ya.


IMG_2934 (by Ateupamateur)

Anyway, he was chewing on one of them thar leaves, and was paying us no nevermind. So, that meant he wasn't averse to my mom and I shooting away with our cameras. She also got some pretty photos of him. Or her. We could go with my friend Michael's philosophy and name her Penelope. Right Michael? Right. Penelope it is. ;-)


IMG_2935 (by Ateupamateur)

That one is actually sideways, but I thought it worked just fine without flipping it up - it may even look a little more natural at this angle.


IMG_2937 (by Ateupamateur)
Another sideways one.

Did you like that movie? Sideways? I'm not sure I did. I mean, I wanted to like it. I usually like sleeper hits - indie films - and I liked some of the actors, and I certainly like the California wine region. Heck, I'm storing half of it's previous fruits in my house.


IMG_2931 (by Ateupamateur)


OK, maybe not half. Just way too much. Certainly way too much. That's what signing up for one of those wine clubs will do for ya. Beware. Resist the urge to sign up when you're there, sitting in the winery, believing you want to live like that every single day and take a piece of the California wine region home with you. Really, trust me. There is plenty of good wine on the store shelves wherever you live. I guarantee it.

I especially have too much wine since it's not on the D-I-E-T. Anyway, I don't think I liked the movie. They were too into themselves - the characters, that is, I think. Not sure. What do you think?


IMG_2939 (by Ateupamateur)


And, God help me, my co-worker Mark said I'd become irascible on this here diet. I think he might be right. I went to the grocery with S - who, God bless him, has been picky as long as I've known him, but picks THIS PARTICULAR POINT in our relationship to branch out and try new things. When pretty much the whole store is full of stuff NOT ON THE DIET. Ahem. I'm working through it. It's just tough for a known class A fat girl who happens to like food. It's really tough. Amen.

IMG_2940 (by Ateupamateur)


But back to that dragonfly. Penelope. She was a pretty one, no? I hope you liked her.

Off to eat some twigs. Much love for your Tuesday. See you tomorrow.

4 comments:

  1. have you ever thought of starting a photography business?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Barrett and Jen - no, I don't intend on starting a photography business. I am an amateur and this is a hobby! And I have absolutely no credentials to do such a thing. I have thought about maybe selling some prints on Etsy, but that's about it. One day I might get around to setting that up. Thank you for the compliment though - that I might even have the wherewithal to merit it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Penelope! Ha-ha! What a great name!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dragonflys are fun....they were fine.

    Ronald

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your name (first name only is fine) with your comment!