Thursday, October 22, 2009

Scenes from A Fair?

So today's post is supposed to be "Scenes from a Fair" - the highlights of the photos I took at the fair this year. But, for some reason, Flickr is not allowing me to copy the location of any photos this morning. I tried restarting, different browsers, throwing things at the computer. And not one thing worked. I have never had this happen before. It is very frustrating. Emphasis on very. And frustrating.

So, I have no way to post the photos here except directly, but because they are large files it would take well into lunchtime to do it. So, I guess you could go back and see this post and this post about this year's fair. When I figure out what the deal is, I will of course once again post photos to the blog!!! Grrrr.... So, I thought I'd give you a little update on what's up around here.

S's dad is still in hospital. He will probably be there for a little while longer - he is now in the "wound care" area. He's doing great - it's just that they want him to be there while they administer IV antibiotics to guard against his infection returning. He is not happy about this development. He'd rather be convalescing at home. But, he also wants to do what is best, and this is what his very skilled physician says is best. So, he's still in hospital!

S's cousin Mary is not doing well. She has been battling some health issues and they now don't give her very long to live. She was on the trip to Sicily with S's extended family, and is truly one of the sweetest people. Very thoughful, soft spoken and lovely. She is a cellist, and an avid classical music lover, and I enjoyed talking "shop" with her. I hope she is resting comfortably and her immediate family can find some comfort in that.

S has had several very stressful weeks at work. I hope things ease up soon. I have been very busy at work, too. But, 'tis the season. We have done nothing besides sleep, work, eat, repeat this week! We are thankful for our jobs, though, and the fact we get to go to work and do them. We are very thankful for that.

Oh - this is big news - my Unk (my mom's brother, my uncle, who we call Unk) has challenged me to a 6 month weight loss challenge with a "big money" payoff for biggest % lost. It starts November 1 and goes through April 30. GAME ON.

I hope to start photographing some cooking for the "In YOUR Kitchen" segments for the blog this weekend. That'll be fun. Can't wait to do that.

So, I hope to see you later this evening or tomorrow with a post that actually has photos in it - it'll definitely put a cramp in my style if I can't get over this glitch. Best wishes for your Thursday. See ya later!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your name (first name only is fine) with your comment!