Monday, October 19, 2009

So Much to Say

Mom on her birthday at the Arboretum.

I had a great time with my mom last weekend, and we did a lot of stuff. And I took photos of all of it. But, I haven't had a chance to digest all of them. First, S and I attended the Winspear Opera House and opening week of events at the AT&T PAC, and I have photos of that. And I want to properly share them with you, so they are not here today. And, we went to the state fair not once but twice in the past week. And, I haven't shared hardly ANY fair photos with you this year, so get ready for that onslaught. Not to mention, I still have photos to share from Dad and Torchy's visit when we went to Fort Worth, from a long ago loaf of banana bread, from a night under the stars at a local restaurant, and more and more. It never ends when you start taking photos of everything that goes on in your life, no matter how mundane. It never ends.


The mums are finally blooming, mostly.

What's more, we went to the Arboretum on Saturday for their Harvest Tea for my mom's birthday. It was lovely, and I took photos, and I will share them here too. But, here is what I want to tell you about the Dallas Arboretum today: 1) if I could have a penny for every HUNDRED dollars of camera equipment being carried around that place on Saturday, I'd be rich. Everyone was there with their little munchkin decked out for fall, trying to get "that" shot.

2) I have decided there is special "photo dust" at the place, because, while the parents weren't having much luck where I was looking, I had amazing luck once again and got quite a few memorable shots. And, of course I want to share them all with you, but sister, I have to eat and sleep and I am behind!!! and 3) with the aforementioned camera equipment and special photo dust, the Arboretum should really think about sponsoring a photo contest. Really. Really. No, really they should. They could display them somewhere in the summer or something to give people a reason to go in the heat. Or in the winter when things are dead. Or something. But, they should. Really. Do that.

So, after all the excuses, I will share with you just a few real gems from Saturday that take my breath away in different ways. Again, they involve bugs, mostly. Go figure.


OK, not a bug, but a rodent - a squirrel.

On a pumpkin. Eating a nut. What more could you ask for? This one - not breathtaking material, but cute. Definitely cute. And seasonal. Autumnal, if you will.


Speaking of autumnal...

Not many autumn colors here, but when the misters came on in the fern dell, with the light shining through, it made a pretty picture, I thought. And, it gives the illusion of colder weather.


A bee or two.
Do you see two?


A butterfly.


A butterfly and a bee.
We've got a theme going here...


And, then, this one.
Exquisite.

Mom and I sat down to look at our photos when we arrived back at my house. When that one up there came on the screen, we both gasped. Amazing! I love it, and I think it's beautiful, so I had to share it with you.

Happy Monday. Best wishes for a good week. And, of course, more later from me. See you tomorrow.

5 comments:

  1. More stunning photos, Amy!!
    I can't stop looking - so you'd better keep taking those photographs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome time with incredible pictures captured as memories!

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful pictures, love the butterflies.

    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. that last one in particular is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love, love, love those pictures just beautiful Amy! Tell your mom Happy belated Birthday for me.

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your name (first name only is fine) with your comment!